Quick and Easy Solutions to the Most Common Satellite TV Issues
How do I troubleshoot a snowy TV screen?
If your TV screen is “snowy” or you’re seeing wavy lines or overlapping images, try Solution 1 below:
Solution 1: Check that your TV is set on the right input
- STEP 1 - Make sure your TV and your receiver are both on.
- STEP 2 - On your remote control, press the TV Input button to cycle through TV inputs (Component, HDMI, etc.) until you see a clear picture. If nothing happens when you press the button, program your remote to control your TV Input, then try again.
- STEP 3 - If you’re still having issues, check the cable used to connect your receiver to your TV.
Still not seeing a clear picture? Try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Check that your TV and your receiver are on the same output channel
- STEP 1 - Tune your TV to Channel 3 or Channel 4 using your TV remote control, not your DIRECTV remote control. You can also use the control panel on your TV.
- STEP 2 - If you see a clear picture, slide the Channel 3/4 switch at the back of your receiver to the same channel your TV is tuned to.
Still not seeing a clear picture? Try Solution 3.
Solution 3: Reset Your Receiver
- STEP 1 - Unplug your receiver’s power cord from the electrical outlet, wait for 15 seconds, and plug it back in.
- STEP 2 - Press the Power button on the front panel of your receiver. Wait for your receiver to reboot.
Still not seeing a clear picture? Please call (866) 455-1982 for assistance.
DIRECTV Remote Help & Troubleshooting
If you’re having issues with your DIRECTV remote, there are a few possible solutions.
The first is to check to see if your DIRECTV remote is set correctly. If you ‘re having trouble changing channels or adjusting the volume, make sure that your remote is actually set to control your DIRECTV receiver by checking the Mode Switch at the top of the remote. If the DIRECTV symbol is not selected, slide the Mode Switch to the DIRECTV icon and try again.
If that doesn’t work, check if your DIRECTV remote is low on batteries using the built-in battery tester. If the green light blinks slowly or does not show up at all, replace the batteries.
If this does not fix your DIRECTV remote control issues - and your remote works with your DIRECTV equipment, but not your TV or other devices - your remote might need to be programmed. Follow these instructions to program your DIRECTV remote:
- Press MENU on your DIRECTV remote.
- Select Settings & Help.
- Select Settings.
- Select Remote Control.
- Select Program Remote. You will then be prompted with step-by-step instructions.
Watch the video to learn more about how to troubleshoot the DIRECTV remote.
DIRECTV Error 721
DIRECTV Error 721 – How to Resolve DIRECTV Error Code 721
DIRECTV Error 775
DIRECTV Error 775 – Find Solutions for DIRECTV Code 775
DIRECTV Error 771
DIRECTV Error Code 771
771 is an error code that indicates your receiver is having trouble communicating with your satellite dish. As a result, your TV signal may be interrupted.
In rare instances, the signal between your dish and the satellite might be temporarily lost due to a severe storm. If you are currently experiencing heavy rain, hail, or snow, please wait for it to pass before proceeding with the steps below. In the meantime, you can still enjoy your favorite entertainment—live or On Demand—on your laptop, tablet, or cell phone